Frozen Mango, Coconut & Lime Cheesecake
For the base
- 230 g digestive biscuits or shredded wheat meal
- 50 g desiccated coconut
- 110 g melted butter
For the cheesecake filling
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 lime, just the zest
- 300 mL thickened cream
- 2 x 250g cream cheese, I use Philadelphia cream cheese
For the mango swirl filling
- 2 ripe mangos peeled, deseeded, and blended until pureed
For the topping
- 2 ripe mangoes, just the cheeks thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup toasted coconut chips
- Lime slices for decorating
Prepare the base
- Crush digestive biscuits or shredded wheat until fine. Use a processor to get a fine, almost sand like consistency
- Mix with desiccated coconut and melted butter, and process again briefly to combine. It should resemble wet sand
- Press into the base of a lined cake tin, pushing it up the edges. Chill in the refrigerator whilst you make the filling.
Prepare the cheesecake filling
- Beat cream cheese, cream, caster sugar and lime zest until smooth. Place in a bowl and set aside
- Separately blend your mango flesh into a smooth puree.
- Gently fold the blended mango puree into the cheesecake filling, creating a swirl effect. Do not over mix it.
Assemble the cheesecake
- Pour the cheesecake filling onto the chilled base, ensuring it is flat and even. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or overnight
Decorate the cheesecake
- Slice the remaining two mangos and arrange them on top of the cheesecake. I like to cut them very thinly and fan them out to cover the whole cake service.
- Sprinkle toasted coconut chips over the edges of your cake, and decorate with a few slices of fresh lime.
- Remove the cheesecake from the freezer at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Slice and enjoy the delicious frozen mango, coconut &lime cheesecake!