These Corn & Zucchini Fritters are a celebration of fresh seasonal produce and the joy of sharing delicious meals with loved ones. Whether served as a delightful appetiser or a light lunch, these fritters will leave everyone impressed and satisfied. So, gather around the table, create cherished memories, and savour the magic with these delightful fritters. Happy cooking!
Corn & Zucchini Fritters
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups of fresh corn kernels or substitute with frozen
- 2 small zucchini finely shredded, drain off excess moisture
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chives finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of spring onions finely sliced
- 1 cup of self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil for cooking the fritters
For the Dill Yoghurt
- 1 cup Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon of fresh dill finely chopped
For the Tomato Salsa
- 2 medium tomatoes diced
- 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley finely chopped
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk until well combined.
- Add the Parmesan cheese, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and paprika to the egg mixture. Mix well.
- Stir in the fresh corn kernels, shredded zucchini, chopped chives, parsley, and sliced spring onions.
- Add the self-raising flour and baking powder to the mixture, stirring until everything is evenly incorporated.
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Portion the fritter mixture into the pan to form a round fritter. I use the 1/3 cup as this makes the perfect sized fritter. You can make multiple fritters in the pan at a time, but make sure not to overcrowd it.
- Cook the fritters for about 2-3 minutes on each side or until they are golden brown and cooked through.
- Once cooked, remove the fritters from the pan and place them on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb any moisture or excess oil.
For the Dill Yoghurt:
- In a small bowl, combine the Greek-style yoghurt and finely chopped fresh dill. Mix well.
For the Tomato Salsa:
- Dice the medium tomatoes and place them in a bowl.
- Add the finely chopped parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice to the tomatoes. Mix until well combined.