Nut Crunch Granola
- 3 C rolled oats
- 1/2 C raw buckwheat
- 1 C raw almonds roughly chopped
- 1/2 C macadamia nuts roughly chopped
- 3/4 C raw pepitas
- 3/4 C desiccated coconut
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 C extra virgin olive oil
- 3 TBS smooth peanut butter 100% peanuts
- 1/4 C maple syrup
- 1/2 C honey
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Pre-heat your oven to 130°C fan forced.
- Meanwhile, heat the peanut butter, olive oil, honey and maple syrup in a small saucepan until warm, smooth and consistent in texture.
- Place the remaining dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and add the wet mix in, stirring with a spatula to ensure the mixture is well coated.
- Spread the granola mix over a lined baking tray and bake at 130°C for 1-1.5 hours, or until golden and toasted. Keep an eye on it, you don't want it to over-toast.
- Wait for it to cool completely, then break up and store in an air tight container for about 2-4 weeks.
Ensure you don't skimp on the binding ingredients (i.e. honey, olive oil, peanut butter etc.)
Don't add fruit or dried fruit to it, the moisture in fruit will soften it.
Don't mix the granola after it comes out of the oven, leave it in a slab to cool completely before touching it. If it's not crunchy enough after you break it up, place it back on your tray and into the oven for another 10-15 minutes. Remember, it won't achieve it's full crunchiness until it cools completely.
Store it in an airtight container to ensure it doesn't take in moisture and retains its crunch!