Tangy Slaw with Tofu & Edamame
Apple and lime bring freshness to this zesty red cabbage and edamame slaw, tossed in a punchy yoghurt and dill dressing and served with black rice and marinated tofu, making it a nourishing bite.
For the Slaw:
- 2 C red cabbage thinly shredded
- 1/2 C edamame beans I use frozen and thaw with hot water
- 1/3 C raw black rice pre-cook with water
- 1 Granny Smith apple thinly sliced, save some slices to garnish with
- 1/2 tsp black sesame seeds to garnish
For the Tofu:
- 100 g firm tofu
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1/4 tsp pepper
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 C Greek style yoghurt
- 1/4 C cold water
- 1 TBS fresh lime juice
- 1 TBS freshly chopped dill
- 1/4 tsp salt
Whilst the black rice is boiling, marinate the tofu in the soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, pepper.
In a non-stick pan, stir-fry the marinated tofu on a high heat for a few minutes until cooked on all sides. Set aside to cool whilst you make the slaw.
Prepare your slaw mix by layering thinly sliced red cabbage, black rice, edamame and apple slices. TIP: coat your apple slices with lime juice to stop them browning
The dressing is as simple as combining all ingredients and mixing well to form a drizzly, creamy, tangy mix.
Top the slaw mix with your tofu, drizzle over the dressing and dazzle with some sesame seeds.