Raspberry Ripe Smoothie
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 small handful of raw almonds
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of rolled oats
- 1 teaspoons cocoa powder adjust to your chocolate preference
- 1 cup of milk of your choice such as almond, soy, or dairy milk
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup adjust to taste
- 1 tablespoon protein powder optional
- Garnish with additional raspberries Milo, and cacao nibs
- Start by gathering all your ingredients and a blender. I love to use the new Froothie Nutriforce Mini Blender, as it’s easy to use and completely portable (linked above)
- Add the frozen raspberries to the blender. Raspberries provide a delicious berry flavour and are packed with antioxidants and fiber
- Add in your frozen banana. Bananas will add natural sweetness and creaminess to your smoothie.
- Toss in the small handful of raw almonds. Almonds are a great source of healthy fats and protein.
- Sprinkle the chia seeds into the blender for extra fibre and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Throw in your oats. Wholegrain oats contain healthy fibre and complex carbs to help keep you full and energised.
- Add the cocoa powder to the mix. The cocoa powder will give your smoothie a rich, chocolatey flavour and a hit of antioxidants. Adjust the amount to suit your taste.
- Pour in your milk of choice. This will help blend all the ingredients into a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Drizzle in the maple syrup for sweetness. You can adjust the amount to your preferred level of sweetness. I personally like the sweetness!
- If you’re looking to increase the protein content of your smoothie, add the optional tablespoon of protein powder at this stage.
- Secure the blender lid and blend everything until the mixture is smooth and well combined. If your smoothie is too thick, you can add a little more milk to achieve your desired consistency and to help it blend better.
- Taste the smoothie and adjust the sweetness or thickness by adding more maple syrup or milk, if needed.
- Once your Raspberry Ripe Smoothie is well blended and suits your taste, pour it into a glass rimmed with milo (or keep it in your Froothie Nutriforce Mini which is conveniently portable!)
- Garnish your smoothie with additional raspberries, and cacao nibs for a delightful crunch and extra chocolatey goodness.