Indulge in a mouthwatering Green Goddess Potato Salad, a captivating fusion of tender baby potatoes and creamy avocado. The Green Goddess dressing, featuring zesty lemon, wholegrain mustard, and a combination of aromatic herbs elevates this dish to a new level. I love to use a medley of fresh basil, dill, chives, parsley, and spring onion, this salad is not only a visual delight but also a burst of exquisite flavours. Perfect for picnics, family gatherings, or as an enticing side dish for your main course, this potato salad celebrates the freshest, most wholesome ingredients.
Beyond its delicious taste, this salad packs a punch of health benefits. Avocado provides heart-healthy monounsaturated fats, while fresh herbs like basil and dill offer essential vitamins and antioxidants. Potatoes are a great source of fibre and potassium, and the lemon juice adds a refreshing dose of vitamin C. With its nutrient-rich ingredients, this Green Goddess Potato Salad is a wholesome addition to your repertoire.
Green Goddess Potato Salad
- 1 kg of baby potatoes washed and halved
- 1 large ripe avocado peeled and deseeded
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh dill chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chives chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 2-3 spring onions thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise optional – can remove if making it vegan
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Place the halved baby potatoes in a large pot and cover them with cold, salted water.
- Bring the water to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Cook the potatoes for about 10-15 minutes or until they are fork-tender.
- Drain the potatoes and let them cool to room temperature, the place in fridge to cool whilst you make the dressing
- In a bowl, combine the ripe avocado and lemon juice, and mash using the back of a fork to form a smooth paste. Add in the wholegrain mustard, and mayonnaise (if using), followed by your chopped herbs.
- Mix with a spoon until the mixture is smooth. It will remain slightly chunky due to the herbs which is perfect! Adjust the seasoning with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Add your green goddess dressing to the cooked and cooled baby potatoes, and mix until each potato is perfectly coated.
- Adjust the seasoning if needed, you may want to add some extra salt or lemon juice.
- Cover the potato salad and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Before serving, give it one final toss, and garnish with additional fresh herbs if desired.