My Autumnal Foragers Salad is the perfect addition to your Easter feast, dinner time side, or workday lunch prep. Packed with the goodness of seasonal veggies and a luxurious dill tahini dressing. I love to pair it with a simple side of baked salmon or grilled chicken for a more nourishing meal. It’s also a lovely salad to add to your feast when entertaining guests.
Autumnal Foragers Salad
- 1/2 C farro boil as per pack instructions if you don’t have farro, barley or freekeh are a good alternative or buckwheat for a gluten free option.
- 1 bunch of baby carrots washed – I like to keep skin on
- 2-3 beetroot peeled and diced
- 2 medium zucchini sliced lengthwise
- 1 bunch of broccolini
- 1 small bunch of cavolo nero or kale washed and roughly chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic
- a few springs of fresh thyme or 1/2 tsp of dried thyme
- salt and pepper for seasoning vegetables
- olive oil for seasoning
- 1 TBS pepitas for garnishing
For the creamy tahini dill dressing
- 2 TBS tahini
- 1/4 C water
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 2-3 TBS fresh chopped dill
- 1/4 tsp salt and a pinch pepper
- To start, cook 1/2 cup of farro according to the package instructions. If you don't have farro on hand, barley or freekeh are excellent alternatives. Buckwheat can also be used for a gluten-free option. Once cooked, rinse and drain the farro and set it aside to cool.
- Next, prepare the roasted vegetables by washing a bunch of baby carrots. We recommend keeping the skin on the carrots for added flavor and nutrients. Dice 2-3 beetroots into 2cm chunks and season with salt, pepper, and thyme. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 30 minutes at 190°C. Meanwhile, slice 2 medium zucchini lengthwise and rub them with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and grill on a grill plate or fry pan. Add 1 small bunch of broccolini to the grill as well.
- For the creamy tahini dill dressing, simply combine 2 tablespoons of tahini, 1/4 cup of water, the juice of half a lemon, and 2-3 tablespoons of fresh chopped dill. Season with salt and pepper, and whisk until smooth.
- To assemble the salad, start by placing a bed of chopped cavolo nero or kale on a platter. Massage the greens with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Top with the cooked farro, roasted vegetables, and grilled zucchini and broccolini. Garnish with 1 tablespoon of pepitas and drizzle the creamy tahini dill dressing all over the salad.